I had a great start to the first day of June. It included a road trip, donuts, coffee, and online marketing optimization. This morning Optimize author Lee Odden and I made the trip to Redwood Falls, MN to speak with the marketing savvy people in the area.
Sarah Kuglin worked tirelessly to organize this event, and even contacted me to make sure that she was pronouncing Lee’s last name correctly (you would be surprised how often it’s pronounced wrong). It’s because of people like Sarah that we are able to travel to different corners of the state, U.S., and worldwide. Her passion for the subject and eager attitude to help educate those around her is refreshing.
Sign up for future #SMBRedwoodArea Events
I found it interesting that during Lee’s presentation every eye was glued to the front of the room. Each member of the audience was soaking up as much information as they could, in the seemingly short hour Lee was sharing the notion of the convergence of SEO, Social Media, and Content Marketing. Lee’s presentation provided a great deal of information to the audience about taking a holistic and customer-centric approach to online marketing.
Key Nuggets & Questions
- Facts tell. Stories sell.
- What are you optimizing for?
- What do your customers care about?
- Who are your best customers?
- Who are your worst customers
- Understand your customer’s consumption preferences.
- What is your unique selling proposition?
- How can you get more value out of your content by repurposing?
- Anything that can show up in search results can be optimized
- if you’re not trying to hide it, you should optimize it.
Thank you again to everyone who attended Lee’s Optimize presentation at Social Media Breakfast this morning. We hope that you learned something, had the chance to speak with like minded people, and found practical tips that you can use to augment your existing online marketing strategy.